They May All Be One"
TO FIND US
Click here for map
Church of Christ
Church of Christ, Northern California Nevada Conference
& Affirming Statement
The Center for Progressive Christianity
Welcome to the First Congregational Church of Sonoma
Our community of faith knows some measure of God’s grace, compassion,
mercy, justice and peace. It is our desire to share that love with you
regardless of your age, race, gender, marital status, physical condition,
sexual orientation, ethnic or economic background.
We are an Open and Affirming Church.
No matter who you are, or where you are on life's journey, you're welcome
If you are new to the community or planning to move to Sonoma, please
give us a call, 707.996.1328, and we shall be very pleased to provide information and
assist where we can. You may also want to visit the Sonoma
Families are WELCOME at FCC in Sonoma. Visit our new Sunday School classroom/Nursery in the Community Room. Nursery care available from 10:30 a.m. until the end of Worship. Children ages 5 to 12 are excused for Sunday school early during the Worship Service.
We're on Facebook! Friend us now. :)
Check out the Youth Service video on our FB page.
• Save the Date and Announcements:
• January Worship Schedule
• Pastoral Care until February 15
Rev. Tim Boeve will be providing pastoral care and can be contacted at 337-9915 or Tim Boeve.
• Congregational ANNUAL Meeting and Potluck, Sunday, January 25 after worship in Burlingame Hall.
• Poetry Group - Monday, Jan. 26, 4 PM in the Community Room. "Ten Poems to Change Your Life Again and Again" by Roger Housden. All are welcome. For more info, contact Janet Volkman.
• Youth Committee Fundraiser: Saturday, Jan 31, 4pm-5pm, Community Room. All are welcome. Join us in watching a short documentary film, Facing Fear, nominated for an Oscar in 2014. We'll have a Q&A session after with the award-winning film editor, Tom Christopher.
Facing Fear is a 25-minute documentary about a 13-year old who was thrown out of his home for being gay. While living on the streets of L.A. he was savagely beaten by a group of neo-Nazi skinheads. Twenty-five years later, he met one of his attackers through a chance meeting. This is a film about forgiveness and reconciliation, and is riveting and powerful. Suggested donation: $5.00. Treats will be available for purchase. Invite your friends: teens and beyond!
• Congregational Meeting Feb. 1 after service regarding proposed uses of the Etter Bequest Funds.
• Seekers - The Seekers will resume their twice monthly meetings first and third Tuesdays at 7pm in the Sanctuary. All are welcome.
• Meditation Group: Fridays 8 a.m. Community
• Earth Care Committee Water Saving Tips.
• Carl Sagan's "The Pale Blue Dot"
• FCC Sonoma Advocates for Earth Care - join us today!!
Please take a moment to fill out the form to this Advocates for Earth Care
flyer and give it to one of our Earth Care committee members: John Donnelly, Cathy Webber, Janet Volkman, Tim Boeve, and Jackie Steuer.
Youth Service Movie or click here.
Preaching Sunday Jan. 25:
Sunday Worship Services
• Worship Service - 10:30 a.m.
• Sunday School and Childcare Provided
• Wheelchair Accessible
• Weekly Communion Service after worship in the Sanctuary.
Interim Minister Alan Claassen -
He has served in ministry for nearly 30 years, including a number of interim positions. He is a graduate of the Pacific School of Religion and has served in Northern California. He has a grown daughter in Berkeley and a grown son. He's looking forward to moving to the Bay Area with his wife, Betsy. To read more, read the Monthly Newsletter. The plan is that he will start February 15th for the beginning of Lent.
brings joy to folks at the convalescent hospital. She is yet another great
example of church members providing loving service to the community.
• A Pledge for Grateful Living
Youth: YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!
Check out OurSpiritNow.org
"We believe that the true basis of religion is love and that all
people deserve to be loved, especially youth who struggle fitting the
traditional straight model of sexuality. Watch our movies, explore and,
above all, know that you’re loved." You
are not alone!! Yes, you are loved and not alone.
The 'Not All Like That' Christians Project
A Christian website proclaiming their belief in full LGBT equality. The purpose of the NALT Christians Project is to give LGBT-affirming Christians a means of proclaiming to the world—and especially to young gay people—their belief and conviction that there is nothing anti-biblical or at all inherently sinful about being gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender. Check out their videos.
Son Gives His Gay Dads The Best News Ever.
Her Dad Thinks Being Gay Was Her Choice.
A Man Slams Down A Bigoted Question So Hard He Brings Down The House.
Read about Anthony Venn-Brown who is passionate about ending the unnecessary suffering caused to gay and lesbian people and their families because of the ignorance about sexual orientation.
Andrew Solomon - Love, No Matter What.