"That They May All Be One"
Church Ladies and Gents for Gay Rights video.
Empowered by the spirit of God, we seek peace and justice for all human and other living species on Earth, following the teachings of Jesus Christ.
SCOTUS's DOMA and Prop. 8 decisions opens the way for your weddings to take place at this church. As an Open and Affirming church, we celebrate with all LGBT people in their right to marry. Congratulations!
If you are new to the community or planning to move to Sonoma, please give us a call, 707.996.1328, and we shall be very pleased to provide information and assist where we can. You may also want to visit the Sonoma Visitors' Bureau.
Families are WELCOME at FCC in Sonoma. Visit our new Sunday School classroom/Nursery in the Community Room. Nursery care available from 10:30 a.m. until the end of Worship. Children ages 5 to 12 are excused for Sunday school early during the Worship Service.
• Save the Date:
• Seekers - The Seekers will resume their twice monthly meetings starting Tuesday, May 6 at 7pm in the Community Room. All are welcome.
• Blessing of the Animals - Sunday Sept 28 4:00pm, FCC patio. All animals are welcome.
About 200 people made signs and marched Sunday afternoon from the First Congregational Church to the Sonoma Plaza. The march was in conjunction with hundreds of other marches across the globe on September 21 to coincide with the start of the emergency Climate Summit hosted by the United Nations in New York City.
Other organizers and co-sponsors included Transition Sonoma Valley (TSV), the Sonoma Ecology Center, and the Sonoma Grange. Here, in the photo, is FCC and TSV Tim Boeve giving instructions to the marchers in front of City Hall. Note, also, our brand new banner "First Congregational Church Sonoma Advocates for Earth Care" held by John Donnelly, Janet Volkman, Jackie Steuer and Qing Chen Steuer, FCC Earth Care Committee members, along with Tim Boeve and Cathy Webber.
• Poetry Circle, Mondays 4-5pm, Community Room. For more info, contact Janet Volkman.
• 40+ Day Journey, Tuesdays at 4pm, Community Room, September 9 through November 4. Video series with Joan Chittister and Richard Rohr.
• Sunday, November 1 - 5pm Family Fun Night - Food, Fun and Games night. BH
• Earth Care Committee Water Saving Tips.
• Carl Sagan's "The Pale Blue Dot"
• FCC Sonoma Advocates for Earth Care - join us today!!
• Call 211 for Non-Emergency Help
• We Care Cards
• ESCRIP program info. Raise $$ for the church!
• Peace Pole Dedication photos by Veda Lewis
• CELEBRATE DIVERSITY RESPECT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US
Life is worth living and that it's okay to be who you are. I'm a daughter, a sister, a mother, a grandmother and a friend. I am all of those. And I am gay. Check out Terri Johnson's story here or on Vimeo or YouTube!
Land Use Team photos
Interested in joining the handbell choir, we'd love for you to contact us.
• Links to Taize Music
• CROPWalk Photos 2013 - A Successful Day - Walking to Feed the Hungry
• See story and photos from the 'Caring for the Earth - Linking Faith, Hope, Love, Justice and Action in Our Churches' conference.
May the love of God surround you always.
Rev. Nancy Taylor
Youth: YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!
The 'Not All Like That' Christians Project
Wonderful videos to check out!
Son Gives His Gay Dads The Best News Ever. This Is Their Mildly NSFW Reaction.
Her Dad Thinks Being Gay Was Her Choice. The Words She Said Back? Couldn't Have Chosen Them Better.
Read about Anthony Venn-Brown who is passionate about ending the unnecessary suffering caused to gay and lesbian people and their families because of the ignorance about sexual orientation.
Andrew Solomon - Love, No Matter What. What is it like to raise a child who's different from you in some fundamental way (like a prodigy, or a differently abled kid, or a criminal)? In this quietly moving talk, writer Andrew Solomon shares what he learned from talking to dozens of parents — asking them: What's the line between unconditional love and unconditional acceptance?