"That They May All Be One"
Church Ladies and Gents for Gay Rights video.
Empowered by the spirit of God, we seek peace and justice for all human and other living species on Earth, following the teachings of Jesus Christ.
SCOTUS's DOMA and Prop. 8 decisions opens the way for your weddings to take place at this church. As an Open and Affirming church, we celebrate with all LGBT people in their right to marry. Congratulations!
If you are new to the community or planning to move to Sonoma, please give us a call, 707.996.1328, and we shall be very pleased to provide information and assist where we can. You may also want to visit the Sonoma Visitors' Bureau.
Families are WELCOME at FCC in Sonoma. Visit our new Sunday School classroom/Nursery in the Community Room. Nursery care available from 10:30 a.m. until the end of Worship. Children ages 5 to 12 are excused for Sunday school early during the Worship Service.
Sunday, July 27 The Rev. Dick Ridenour will be preaching and leading worship, once again blessing the congregation with his spiritual insights and passion for justice.
Sunday, August 3 FCC Sonoma will gather for its quarterly Taize service, using the music of the Taize community in France.
Sunday, August 10 Rev. Nancy will be preaching and leading worship as we continue our sojourn in the part of the church year known as "Ordinary Time."
Sunday, August 17 While Rev. Nancy is in Burlingame with the Academy for Spiritual Formation, Veda Lewis will be preparing to lead worship and will, most likely, be sharing her extraordinary blend of humor, creativity, and spiritual depth.
Sunday, August 24 We will be worshipping outside on FCC's patio, with Rev. Nancy leading the service.
Sunday, August 31 We will return to the sanctuary for our Sunday service, with Rev. Nancy preaching.
• Click on the Facebook link to see some photos from the group's visit to Pine Ridge Reservation!!
• Save the Date:
• Seekers - The Seekers will resume their twice monthly meetings starting Tuesday, May 6 at 7pm in the Community Room. All are welcome.
• Next 40-Day Journet postponed until September.
• Camp Caz weekend October 3-5.
• Sunday, November 1 from 5-8pm Family Food, Fun and Games night.
• Earth Care Committee Water Saving Tips.
• Carl Sagan's "The Pale Blue Dot"
• FCC Sonoma Advocates for Earth Care - join us today!!
• Call 211 for Non-Emergency Help
• We Care Cards
• ESCRIP program info. Raise $$ for the church!
• Peace Pole Dedication photos by Veda Lewis
Life is worth living and that it's okay to be who you are. I'm a daughter, a sister, a mother, a grandmother and a friend. I am all of those. And I am gay. Check out Terri Johnson's story here or on Vimeo or YouTube!
Interested in joining the handbell choir, we'd love for you to contact us.
• Links to Taize Music
• CROPWalk Photos 2013 - A Successful Day - Walking to Feed the Hungry
• See story and photos from the 'Caring for the Earth - Linking Faith, Hope, Love, Justice and Action in Our Churches' conference.
May the love of God surround you always.
Rev. Nancy Taylor
David McFarland, Cathy Webber, Jan Edwards, John Donnelly
The California Interfaith Power & Light members including Rev. Sally Bingham.
Youth: YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!
The 'Not All Like That' Christians Project
Wonderful videos to check out!
Son Gives His Gay Dads The Best News Ever. This Is Their Mildly NSFW Reaction.
Her Dad Thinks Being Gay Was Her Choice. The Words She Said Back? Couldn't Have Chosen Them Better.
Read about Anthony Venn-Brown who is passionate about ending the unnecessary suffering caused to gay and lesbian people and their families because of the ignorance about sexual orientation.
Andrew Solomon - Love, No Matter What. What is it like to raise a child who's different from you in some fundamental way (like a prodigy, or a differently abled kid, or a criminal)? In this quietly moving talk, writer Andrew Solomon shares what he learned from talking to dozens of parents — asking them: What's the line between unconditional love and unconditional acceptance?